Saturday 27 June 2015

Romantic Bear Peel Off Lip Gloss

Hello, my darlings!!

Today I will be reviewing the Romantic Bear Peel off lip glosses. These are not lip glosses per se but they apply like lip glosses and proceed to dry into a film after 10-15 minutes. On peeling the film, you are left with a lovely stain on your lips which lasts for 3-4 hours, more if you dont eat. If you have heard about Berrisom's Oops My Lip Tint Pack, then you must know that these work exactly the same, though the colour is not as strong.



The Romantic Bear Peel Off Lip Gloss comes in 6 colours - Lovely Peach, Rose Pink, Sweet Orange, Cherry Red, Sexy Red and Watermelon Red. I have all the colours except Watermelon Red as it was not available when I got these.

The backside gives the mundane details like the ingredient list and such.


Anyhoo, lets get to work.

Packaging - The packaging is just like a lip gloss tube with a slanted applicator tip. It contains 15g of product. The colour of the tube corresponds to the colour which is achieved after removing the dried film.


Smell - All of them according to the colour name. The orange one smells like...wait for it.. oranges!! The rose pink smells lovely, like walking into a rose garden. People with sensitive noses might not be happy initially but the smell dissipates after a while.

Texture - The texture is thick, just like the peel off face masks.

Application - I prefer to apply it with a lip brush as it gives me better control over the amount of product applied. I find applying it in a thin layer and building it up gives a better finish and also helps the product to dry faster.

(L-R) Peach, Pink, Orange, Sexy red, Cherry red

Dried swatches


As you can see from the pictures, the peach colour did not show up on my skin at all. Maybe someone with super pale skin or light pink lips might get some colour out of it but sadly it doesn't work for me. Sob.

In terms of longetivity, I find the rose pink and the sexy red the most longlasting. For a deeper colour, you can also try two applications like I did. Paint lip with lip - let it dry - peel. Repeat process.

Chapped lips need not apply. Lol. The stain emphasises all lines and dry patches. Do exfoliate your lips beforehand and apply lip balm to soften them.

Other than the Evil Peach colour which refused to show up on my pigmented lips, I am quite happy with my purchase.

You can buy them on Aliexpress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment